OUR PLEDGE TO YOU
Your privacy is important to us! Zanfel Laboratories (“Zanfel”) is committed to respecting your privacy through the protection of your Personal Information.
The following outlines our pledge to you:
Purpose and Consent: Before collecting your Personal Information, or at the time of collection, we will explain to you the purpose of collecting it and obtain your consent.
Limiting Collection: Our collection of Personal Information is limited to what is reasonable under the circumstances and your information will be used only for the purpose for which it is collected.
Security: Your Personal Information is kept confidential and secure and is not disclosed to anyone outside our group of companies and our selected third party service providers/business partners without your consent, unless required by law.
Access: You have the right to access your own Personal Information, and to correct any inaccuracies.
Zanfel has always been, and will continue to be, committed to maintaining the accuracy, confidentiality and security of your Personal Information. As part of this commitment, we have adopted the 10 Principles established by t he Canadian and United States of America Standards Association’s Model Code for the protection of Personal Information. These principles form part of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) and substantially simil ar provincial and state laws, which establish rules governing the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by the private sector.
Our 10 Privacy Principles:
- Accountability: All Zanfel associates are responsible for maintaining and protecting all Personal Information under their control. Zanfel has designated an individual to oversee the company’s compliance with the Act and our 10 Privacy Principles (Associate Vice-President, Corporate Compliance, Zanfel Laboratories, Inc. 1370 NW 114th Street, Suite 204 Clive, IA 50325).
- Identifying Purposes: We will identify the purposes for which Personal Information is collected, either before or at the time of collection.
- Consent: We will only collect, use and disclose your Personal Information with your knowledge and consent, except where otherwise required or permitted by law.
- Limiting Collection: We will limit the collection of your Personal Information to only those details that are necessary for the purposes identified.
- Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention: Your Personal Information will only be used or disclosed for the purpose for which it was collected, unless you have otherwise consented, or when it is required or permitted by law. We will only retain your Personal Information for the period of time required to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Accuracy: We will keep Personal Information we collect as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected.
- Safeguards: We will protect the Personal Information we collect with security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Openness: Information about our policies and practices relating to the management of Personal Information will be made readily available to you.
- Access: At your request, we will inform you of the existence, use and disclosure of your Personal Information, as well as give you access to the information. You have the right to challenge the accuracy and completeness of your information, and to amend it as necessary. (See Access to, and Changing your Personal Information).
- Challenging Compliance: You may contact us with any questions, complaints or suggestions with respect to the above principles.
WHAT IS PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Personal Information is broadly defined as information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address, or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Data we collect with personal identifiers removed, so that it is impossible to determine the identity of the person to whom the information relates, is not considered Personal Information.
Personal Information We May Collect
With your consent, we may collect Personal Information from you in person, over the telephone, by mail/e-mail, tradeshows, through the Internet (and other means) or from our selected third party service providers/business partners. The type of information we usually collect and maintain may include your:
- Mailing/street Address
- E-mail Address
- Telephone Numbers
- Transaction History
It is always your choice whether or not you provide us with your Personal Information; however, a decision to withhold Personal Information may restrict or prevent us from providing you with a particular product or service. We normally collect Personal Information directly from our customers. We may collect your information from other persons with your consent or as permitted by law.
We inform our customers, before or at the time of collecting personal information, of the purposes for which we are collecting the information. The only time we do not provide this notification is when a customer volunteers information for an obvious purpose (for example, producing a credit card for an in-store purchase when the information will be used only to process the payment).
As you do business with Zanfel , we may monitor and/or record your telephone conversations with our customer service representatives to ensure service quality. Many areas in retail locations are monitored by closed circuit TV for our mutual protection and safety. Zanfel is required by applicable law in some c ircumstances (such as certain cash (i) merchandise purchases and (ii) payments on Zanfel credit card accounts) to collect and maintain information about transactions and/or file certain reports with applicable government authorities.
How do we use your information?
Our relationship with you is important to us. We want to provide you with value added service on an ongoing basis and to establish a long-lasting relationship with you that will grow and change to meet your needs.
With your permission, we may collect, use and disclose Personal Information about you to:
- identify you and communicate with you generally
- process your orders and/or applications
- establish and maintain a relationship with you, and to provide you with ongoing service
- develop an understanding of your needs and eligibility for products and services and to bring you offers from Zanfel or its selected third party service providers-business partners (we may make our customer list available to carefully screened companies whose products or services might interest you)
- administer our loyalty programs, contests, rebates and other promotions
- protect you, and us, against error and fraud
- administer merchandise refunds/exchanges
- provide warranties for products and services
- announce product safety recalls or warnings (if necessary)
- comply with legal requirements
If you have not opted out of the use of your Personal Information for marketing purposes (see below), we may use your contact information (including telephone number and e-mail address) for the marketing (including telephone/e-mail marketing and automated telephone messages) of additional goods, services and special offers that might be of interest to you from us, our affiliates, or our selected third party service providers/business partners. We may disclose your contact information (e.g. name, telephone number, e-mail and mailing address) to our affiliates and selected third party service providers/business partners so that they can send you promotional materials and/or telemarket you directly.
We do not provide directly all the products and services related to your relationship with us. We may use selected third party service providers/business partners to process or handle Personal Information on our behalf and to assist us with various services such as printing, mail/e-mail distribution, marketing (including telemarketing) and product/service fulfillment, and you acknowledge that we may release information about you to them. Some of our selected third party service providers/business partners are located outside o f the USA. As a result, your Personal Information may be accessible by regulatory authorities (without notice) in accordance with the laws of other jurisdictions. For more information about our policies and practices with respect to service providers (including those located outside the USA), please contact: Associate Vice-President, Corporate Compliance (D/766), Zanfel Laboratories, Inc. 1370 NW 114th Street, Suite 204 Clive, IA 50325.
Zanfel retains your Personal Information only as long as required for our reasonable business and/or legal needs. Your Personal Information may also be used to create statistics about our business. These statistics would not contain any information that could identify you personally. We may disclose and/or transfer Personal Information to an affiliate or third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale, merger or transfer of all or any portion of Zanfel or other transaction or reorganization/restructuring.
For merchandise refunds and exchanges, we may ask that you provide us with your name, address and telephone number for audit and fraud prevention purposes. Valid photo ID may be required to confirm this information. This information is collected, used and retained to help us ensure that refunds and exchanges are valid (in each case and over time).
You can choose not to receive direct marketing
We may inform you about products or services by mail, e-mail, text-message, telephone (including using automated telephone messages) or other means. If you do not wish to receive direct marketing, simply contact us and tell us that you do not wish to be contacted in a particular manner. As some solicitation files may have been created prior to your request (e.g. catalogue distribution lists), there may be a period of time after the date of your request during which time you may receive additional Zanfel marketing.
Types of Consent
Consent can be express or it may be implied in appropriate circumstances. Express Consent can be given by you in writing, in person, electronically, by telephone, or by using a check-off box. Implied Consent may be used by us as a basis for extending new marketing offers or delivering merchandise or catalogues to you. We will not use your implied consent for the use or disclosure of your sensitive Personal Information such as financial data.
Subject to reasonable notice, you may withdraw your consent at any time, unless the Personal Information is necessary for us to fulfil our legal requirements and similar obligations. If you withdraw your consent, we will inform you of the implications of such withdrawal. To withdraw your consent, simply contact us and advise us of what Personal Information you no longer wish us to use. Personal Information may be retained by Zanfel for reasonable purposes such as billing, audit, archival, warranty, legal/regulatory or product safety recall/warning purposes.
SECURITY & DISCLOSURE
What Safeguards Do We Have in Place?
We know you are concerned about the security of the information you provide to us. To address this concern, we have developed processes and procedures to keep your Personal Information safe and secure. We have appropriate safeguards in place depending on the sensitivity of the information, including:
- Physical: Locked filing cabinets
- Technological: Password-protected computers/files.
- Organizational: Zanfel associates trained in the importance of safeguarding your Personal Information from loss and unauthorized access.
We have taken strong measures to ensure the security of your transactions and the confidentiality of your Personal Information. It is also important that you take all necessary precautions as well to help keep your Personal Information safe and secure at all times.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Accessing your Personal Information
Upon written request, you may access and verify your Personal Information and find out to whom we have disclosed it. At the time of your request, we will need specific information from you to verify your identity, before we can provide you with the Personal Information we hold. In addition, you must provide sufficient information in your request to allow us to identify the information you are seeking.
There may be instances when we will not be able to provide you with the Personal Information that you request. Examples are if the Personal Information
- contains references to other persons
- has already been destroyed due to legal requirements or because we no longer needed it for our purposes
- is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege
- is not subject to disclosure for other legal reasons
If we refuse a request for access to information, in whole or in part, we will provide the reasons for the refusal. We may also refer you to your federal or provincial privacy commissioner (if applicable) for more information.
Changing your Personal Information
We are committed to maintaining the accuracy of your Personal Information for as long as it is being used for the purposes we have identified. To help us keep your Personal Information up-to-date, we encourage you to notify us of inaccuracies or corrections as often as you wish. Notification of changes such as your address or telephone number will help us provide you with the best possible service.
If you identify any incorrect or outdated information requiring amendment, please contact us. We may ask you to put your request for a correction in writing. We will make the proper changes and, upon your request, provide you with a copy of the corrected information. If we conclude that a correction is not warranted, we will attach a notation to your file regarding your requested change.
If you have questions, concerns, or complaints about your privacy or your Personal Information, you may contact us at the address listed below. We will inform you of our complaint procedures and will assist you in resolving the situation. If a complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken including, if necessary, amending our practices and procedures.
Please write to:
Associate Vice-President, Corporate Compliance
Zanfel Laboratories, Inc.
1370 NW 114th Street, Suite 204
Clive, IA 50325)
SECURITY ON Zanfel.com
Zanfel has worked very hard to develop an online ordering system that allows you to shop worry-free, with the knowledge that the personal information you provide us is safe and secure.
The Secure Order Process: What is “Encryption”?
Our website uses SSL or “Secure Sockets Layer,” an industry standard security protocol. When you click on “checkout,” you will connect with our secure server. SSL sends your browser information that “encrypts” your order, changing all the information that you send back into a code that is extremely difficult to decipher. In fact, despite the impression the news media may have given, there has not been a single documented case of fraud involving the interception of a credit card number transmitted via a secure server over the Internet to date!
*Important* Email is NOT a secure means to send information as it is not encrypted. We strongly encourage you to use our secure ordering process when shopping.
My Credit Card: Am I liable for charges that I don’t make?
At Zanfel.com if you make a purchase using a credit card, your card issuer will typically cover all unauthorized charges made on their cards, although they may charge you a $50 deductible. It is always a good idea to check with the institution that issued your card to find out exactly what your liability is.
Links to Other Websites:
Welcome to the Internet Site of Zanfel Laboratories, Inc. This Internet Site comprises various Web pages and is owned and operated by Zanfel Laboratories or its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively referred to herein as “Zanfel “). PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS INTERNET SITE since both use of this Internet Site as well as all sale of products and services offered on this Internet Site are subject to the legal terms and conditions outlined below (collectively, the “Terms and Conditions”).
Your use of this Internet Site in any manner, including browsing, activating an account with us or making a purchase, constitutes your acknowledgement that you have read the Terms and Conditions and that you agree to follow and be bound by them. Zanfel reserves the right to modify or change the Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice to you. Your continued use of the Zanfel.com website signifies your acceptance of such revised Terms and Conditions; therefore, we urge you to read them carefully each time you use this Internet Site.
Please note that the guidelines, policies and other terms and conditions of use and sale at the retail stores and/or catalogue of Zanfel and other Zanfel -affiliated or co-branded websites may vary.
Please also note that products, prices and promotions in retail locations, on the website and in our catalogues may vary.
PERSONAL AND NONCOMMERCIAL USE LIMITATION
You may copy electronically or print hard copies of any of the Web pages from this Internet Site provided that such copying or printing is for your personal non-commercial and lawful use, and provided that such copies clearly display the copyright, trademark and any other proprietary notices of Zanfel . Except when the express written authorization of Zanfel is granted, you may not copy, transmit, distribute, display, perform, reproduce, publish, transfer, frame or create derivative works of any of the Web pages and information (including any portion of them) which is obtained from this Internet Site. Zanfel reserves complete title and full intellectual property rights in any material that you may copy electronically or print from this Internet Site.
PROHIBITED OR UNLAWFUL USE
You warrant to Zanfel that you will not use this Internet Site for any purpose that is either unlawful or prohibited by the Terms and Conditions. You agree not to use this Internet Site in any manner which could cause it to be disabled, damaged, overloaded, or impaired or interfere with any other person’s use and enjoyment of this Internet Site. You may not misrepresent your identity or location a s a user, authorized reseller, a nd you may not obtain or attempt to obtain any materials or information through any means not intentionally made available or provided for through this Internet Site. Zanfel EXPRESSLY PROHIBITS ANY UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY LINKING TO Zanfel.com, including links to the home page or any other page on the zanfel.com domain.
ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD
For certain activities on this Internet Site, you are required to have an account name and a password. It is solely your responsibility to keep your account information and password secure. You must not disclose your password to anyone. You agree to notify Zanfel immediately of any unauthorized use of your account. Zanfel DISCLAIMS ALL LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR ACCOUNT NAME AND PASSWORD SECURE.
“Zanfel.com”, Zanfel logos and trademarks, as well as certain other names, words, logos, slogans, images, marks, trade names, and trademarks used on this Internet Site, are the properties of their respective owners. You may not use, reproduce, copy or manipulate any such logos, trademarks, slogans, images, marks, or trade names in any manner without the prior written consent of the owner. All content of this Internet Site, including all information, design, images, sound, photographs, video, illustrations, links to other Internet Sites, icons, graphics, headers, text, data and software (collectively, “Content”) and the presentation, arrangement, coordination, enhancement and selection of such Content are subject to intellectual property rights, including copyright, trademark, or other proprietary rights or licenses held by Zanfel or a Zanfel affiliate or by third parties who have licensed their rights to Zanfel. All such rights are expressly reserved.
REVIEWS AND ANSWER AREA
This Internet Site enables you to submit user-generated content. If you provide content, by completing a Customer Review or submitting content for the Answer Area, you grant Zanfel a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display what you have written throughout the world in any media. You also grant Zanfel the right to use the name you submit with the feedback or Customer Review, if any. You also allow Zanfel to group all content submitted within the same account in a user profile.
Questions, answers, reviews and all other information posted here reflect the opinions of the forum participants and in no way reflect the opinion of or are endorsed by Zanfel . Zanfel does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any information provided in the Answer Area. Zanfel makes no representation or warranty with respect to this forum and assumes no liability for incorrect product information, mistakes, misinformation, falsehoods, profanity, obscenity, or other inappropriate material posted by any forum participant. All Customer Answer Area content must be completed in accordance with Answer Area Guidelines. All Customer Reviews must be completed in accordance with Zanfel Customer Review Guidelines.
DISCLAIMER PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL CONTENT ON THIS INTERNET SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. Zanfel DISCLAIMS, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND LIABILITIES OF Zanfel , WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS INTERNET SITE OR ANY OTHER INTERNET SITE LINKED TO THIS INTERNET SITE AND ANY CONTENT ON THIS INTERNET SITE OR ANY OTHER INTERNET SITE LINKED TO THIS INTERNET SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY: IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT; OR ANY CLAIM IN TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE). WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT Zanfel DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THIS INTERNET SITE WILL BE ACCESSIBLE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR THAT THIS INTERNET SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES THIS INTERNET SITE AVAILABLE ARE FREE FROM ERRORS, DEFECTS, DESIGN FLAWS OR OMISSIONS OR FROM VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Zanfel DOES NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, INTEGRITY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT PROVIDED IN THIS INTERNET SITE, INCLUDING ANY ADVICE OR OTHER SIMILAR INFORMATION OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THIS INTERNET SITE. Zanfel DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION THAT THE CONTENT PROVIDED IS APPLICABLE OR APPROPRIATE FOR USE IN LOCATIONS OUTSIDE OF the USA .
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT SHALL Zanfel , ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS OR OTHER REPRESENTATIVES BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE-WHETHER ACTIVE, PASSIVE OR IMPUTED), PRODUCT LIABILITY, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER THEORY, TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH ANY USE OF, INABILITY TO USE, OR RESULTS OF USE OF, THIS INTERNET SITE OR ANY CONTENT ON THIS INTERNET SITE EVEN IF Zanfel OR ITS REPRESENTATIVE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IF YOU ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THIS INTERNET SITE AND THE CONTENT THEREON, OR THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY IS TO DISCONTINUE USE OF THIS INTERNET SITE. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION IS FOUND TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN Zanfel TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100). SOME JURISDICTIONS PROHIBIT THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CERTAIN TYPES OF DAMAGES, IN WHICH CASE THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We are aware of NON-AUTHORIZED parties selling COUNTERFEIT ZANFEL on Amazon® and eBay®. We are alerting our valued customers, retailers and distributors that we are aware of this issue and actively working to resolve it.
Please note that ZANFEL will NOT honor our 60 Day Money Back Guarantee for any products sold on Amazon® or eBay® by Non-Authorized Retailers. We recommend that you use caution in buying products from Non-Authorized resellers as some of these products may cause unintended health consequences.
You shall indemnify and save harmless Zanfel, its officers, directors, employees, affiliates, partners, service providers, consultants, representatives and agents from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal, accounting and other professional fees brought as a result of your use of this Internet Site ONLINE SHOPPING In order to purchase through this Internet Site you must be the age of majority in your province/territory of residence and you must agree to pay for all charges noted on this Internet Site as payable by you. All prices listed on this Internet Site are in USA dollars and all charges will be processed in USA dollars. Furthermore, any product ordered or purchased from this Internet Site may only be ordered or purchased for non-commercial and lawful purposes and any other use is not permitted. Zanfel reserves the right to limit the quantities of certain products which you can purchase through the facilities of this Internet Site. In addition to any other rights or remedies, Zanfel may, in its sole discretion and without any limitation of liability, restrict or terminate your access to any part of this Internet Site at anytime.
Errors, Inaccuracies or Omissions
Zanfel makes every effort to ensure that the Content on this Internet Site is complete and current. However, Zanfel does not guarantee that the information contained on this Internet Site will not contain errors, inaccuracies or omissions. Such errors, inaccuracies or omissions may relate to price or to product description or availability. Zanfel reserves the right to correct any error, inaccuracy or omission or to change or update the Content without prior notice to you. Further, Zanfel reserves the right to refuse or cancel any orders containing any error, inaccuracy or omission, whether or not the order has been submitted, confirmed and/or your credit card has been charged. If your credit card has been charged for the purchase and your order is cancelled, Zanfel shall promptly issue a credit to your credit card. If you are otherwise unsatisfied with your purchase, you may return it to Zanfel . Please also see our Returns Policy.
Please note that all prices listed on this Internet Site are for online purchases only and may not be matched at any retail location. Similarly all prices at any retail location may not be matched for online purchases on this Internet Site. Furthermore, Zanfel charges sales tax for products ordered on this Internet Site based on the applicable combined federal and provincial sales tax rate of the location to which the order is being shipped. Please also see our Pricing Policy.
Please note that although Zanfel attempts to display the colors of the product shown on this Internet Site as accurately as possible, we cannot guarantee that the color you see matches the product color, as the display of color depends, in part, upon the type of computer monitor used by you.
If shipping or delivery services are made available by Zanfel , Zanfel will endeavour to ship or deliver any ordered product as quickly as possible and within any time periods indicated. However, you acknowledge and agree that Zanfel will not be held responsible for any delays in shipping or delivery. Where delivery is delayed, Zanfel will notify you as soon as possible.
LINKS TO OTHER INTERNET SITES ARE NOT ENDORSEMENT
This Internet Site may contain links to other Internet Sites which are provided to you for your convenience. Please note that the provision of any links to other Internet Sites does not constitute an endorsement by Zanfel of such linked Internet Sites. All such other Internet Sites are wholly independent from this Internet Site and from Zanfel and Zanfel has no control or power over such other Internet Sites including their content. If you visit any of the linked Internet Sites, we urge you to review their respective terms and conditions of use as well as their policies on privacy and security.
These Terms and Conditions, together with the Pricing Policy , Returns Policy as well as the Privacy sections of this Internet Site, constitute the entire agreement between Zanfel and you regarding the subject matter of this agreement, and supersede all prior or contemporaneous communications, whether electronic, oral or written between Zanfel and you with respect to such subject matter. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and the Pricing Policy or Returns Policy , these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
These Terms and Conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision of the Terms and Conditions is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
Zanfel Laboratories , Inc. and its subsidiaries and corporate affiliates (collectively, “Zanfel” “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate websites, provide products and services through mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as “site(s),” “service(s),” or “our sites and services.”
Personal Information We Collect
- Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites and services, depending on the site or service, we may ask for the following personal information directly from you:
- Contact Information allows us to communicate with you and generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, and/or telephone numbers.
- Payment Information needed to process payments such as your credit or debit card number, expiration date, and card verification number.
- Personal Profile or Service Information helps us with the administration and personalization of your personal profiles or services, such as areas of interest, information from social media interactions (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+), preferences, physical characteristics (such as height, weight), photographs and, biographical, information and/or demographic information (such as gender).
- Transaction Information about how you interact with and use our sites and services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Geographic Location Information but only if your mobile or other device transmits location data and/or your IP address, and you have activated a location-enabled site or service.
- Job-Search-Related Information for recruitment purposes and may include educational and employment background, driver’s license number and social security number.
- Survey Data for functionality of certain services, which generally includes survey data (questions and responses) and may allow you to import email addresses and names for ease of allowing you to send surveys or to allow us to send surveys on your behalf.
- Access to Your Data if you are our customer and use certain services, interactive tools or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, such as integrating a practice management system with your services, then you may elect to download certain installed tools, which may collect and transmit information from your computer system solely relating to the use of the installed tools and for the purpose of providing you with relevant services.
- Your Submissions help us with administration of our sites and services and includes any information you voluntarily provide, generally through free form text boxes, forums, uploading a document or authorizing us to retrieve and import information from another user or third party on your behalf.
- In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it.
How We Use Personal Information :
- We may use information collected from you in one or more of the following ways:
- to enable site features such as geographically specific pricing or logging, and retrieving and providing analysis of data you choose to enter into the site,
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies,
- to process payments and to send you emails, invoices, receipts, notices of delinquency, alerting you if we need different or updated payment card information or other communications in connection with processing and collecting payments,
- to verify the information you provide through the Site, including income and employment information, in connection with a loan request sent through the Site;
- to retain your loan request for the length of time determined by us or by applicable law;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience,
- to enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels,
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law,
- to meet contractual obligations,
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins,
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication,
- to manage our sites’ and services’ administration, forum management, or fulfillment,
- to provide customer service and technical support,
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners,
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications,
- to allow you to apply for a job or sign up for special offers from third parties through our sites,
- to perform services in conjunction with interactive tools, such as integrating practice management systems, making a referral, sending a prescription to a pharmacy, or sending a test to a clinical laboratory, and
- to use anonymized personal information to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
- In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
Sharing Personal Information
We may share personal information about you with third parties in the following circumstances:
- We may engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, including maintenance services, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, assisting in marketing efforts, email and text message distribution, customer service, providing certain interactive tools, and conducting surveys and sweepstakes.
- When you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through the Site, request a quote or information, request financing, purchase a product or service, or otherwise submit a request through the Site, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the products or services you requested or complete a transaction, including a third party broker, aggregator or other referral service to share and/or sell your information to a lender, dealer or other financial institution in connection with your online request.
- Your personal information, and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored as necessary to operate our sites and perform our services, and may be disclosed:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- In the event of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, restructure, sale of Zanfel Laboratories’ assets by or with another company, or a similar corporate transaction takes place, we may need to disclose and transfer all information about you, including personal information, to the successor company.
- We may share information about you with Zanfel Laboratories’ subsidiaries and affiliates and companies acquired by or merged with Zanfel Laboratories and its affiliates, including without limitation, to enable such acquired or merged companies to advertise to you products and services in which you may be interested.
- We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
- Any opt-out requests related to a third party’s products or services must be submitted to directly to the third party providing the products or services.
Other Information We Automatically Collect and Cookies
- We, or our third party service providers, may also collect and store certain technical information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
- In addition, we, or our third party service providers, may collect other non-personal information about you and how you use our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language and other click-stream data. We and our third party service providers may use non-personal information for any purpose, including, to make the sites and services more useful for users. Non-personal information may be shared with partners who referred you to our site(s), who may use the data for their business purposes, including to optimize who else they refer to our site(s). Non-personal information may also be shared with partners who help us deliver ads to you on websites not controlled by us, for instance, when we put a pixel on a conversion page on our site and a marketing partner uses that to optimize what traffic they send to us, or using another example, when we create a re-targeting list through DFP Small Business by Google or placing a partners’ pixel on our sites, and then delivering targeted ads across the Internet.
- You can opt out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, Aperture, PrivacyChoice, and/or Digital Advertising Alliance.
- We do not currently actively respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals or mechanisms that indicate a request to disable online tracking of individual users who use our sites and services.
- In general, we use these technologies to remember you when you return to our sites, to understand and analyze trends, to monitor usage and administer the sites, to learn about user behavior on the sites and gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, to customize content or offers on our sites and through our services, and to conduct research to improve our sites, content and services.
User Generated Content, Online Communities and Forums, Profiles, Surveys, Reviews and Ratings
Accessing and Updating Personal Information
- We encourage you to keep your personal information updated and accurate. We provide you reasonable access to your personal information and the ability to review, correct, or delete it. For instance, some of our sites and services give you the ability to view and/or edit your personal information online. The methods for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites or services you use and their features. You have several choices; for instance:
- To view and change the personal information that you directly provided to us, you can return to the web page on our site where you originally submitted the data and follow the instructions on that web page.
- You may correct or update your account information at any time by logging on the site onto which you are registered and navigating to your account.
- You may deactivate your profile at any time by visiting the preferences page for your profile.
- You may close your account at any time by logging onto the site on which you are registered and navigating to your account.
- You can manage certain aspects of information collection and use by going to the settings of your mobile device and reviewing the permissions of each application. You may stop further use of your geo-location by visiting your device’s settings for the relevant application.
- You may change your email preferences at any time by visiting your email preferences page for the relevant site.
- If you have additional questions about your options, contact us .
- Protecting your privacy and security is important and we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data.
- We may reject requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort (for example, developing a new system or fundamentally changing an existing practice), risk the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes).
Email and Other Communications
Our sites and services may allow us or other users to communicate with you or other users through our in-product instant messaging services, service-branded emails, SMS and other electronic communication channels.
- Rates. Standard message and data rates may apply to any messages sent by us or you. Please contact your wireless provider with any questions regarding text messaging or data rates and plans.
- Security. You acknowledge and agree that the text messages are provided via wireless systems which use radios (and other means) to transmit communications over complex networks. We do not guarantee that your use of the text messaging service will be private or secure, and we are not liable to you for any lack of privacy or security you may experience. You are fully responsible for taking precautions and providing security measures best suited for your situation and intended use of the text messaging service(s).
- Help. You can reply “HELP” to any text message from us if you need assistance with the text messaging services.
Opting Out of Requested Communications
Requested communications include, for instance, email newsletters or software updates that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive. After you request such communications, you may “opt out” of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
- To unsubscribe from text messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words “STOP” or “END” or contact the applicable site or company affiliate.
- Return to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and follow the opt-out instructions.
- Contact us . Please provide your name, contact information, and specific relevant information that you no longer wish to receive.
- To re-opt in, reply “START”, unless otherwise provided by the text messaging terms and conditions applicable to the text message program.
Opting Out of Transactional or Relationship Communications
Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being “From” that user. Communications that are sent by us are indicated as being from us or one of our account or support specialists assigned to assist you. Either type of communication may be “real time” communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates, such as appointment reminders. Email communications received from users and our administrative announcements are often transactional or relationship messages, such as appointment requests, reminders and cancellations. You may not be able to opt out of receiving certain messages although our services may provide a means to modify the frequency of receiving them.
Opting Out of General or Promotional Communications
General communications provide information about products, services, and/or support and may include special offers, new product information, or invitations to participate in market research. You may opt out of receiving these general communications by using one of the following methods:
- Select the email “opt out” or “unsubscribe” link, or follow the opt-out instructions included in each email communication.
- To unsubscribe from text messages delivered to mobile devices, reply to the message with the words “STOP” or “END” or contact the applicable site or company affiliate.
- Contact us . Please provide your name, relevant contact information, and specific relevant information about your privacy preferences.
Protecting Personal Information
- The security of our sites and services and the information they store, process and transmit is a top priority. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect, we deploy a wide range of technical, physical and administrative safeguards, including: Transport Layer Security (TLS), firewalls, system alerts and other information system security technologies; housing data in secure facilities that restrict physical and network access; and regular evaluation and enhancement of our information technology systems, facilities, and information collection, storage and processing practices. We seek to use reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, technical, and data security procedures and controls to safeguard your personal and protected information against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse, and alteration. Under applicable law, we are required to apply reasonable and appropriate measures to safeguard the confidentiality, integrity and availability of individually identifiable information.
- We use third-party service providers to manage credit card and payment processing. These service providers are not permitted to store, retain, or use billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card and payment processing on our behalf. When you enter payment information to be processed by our third party service providers, we encrypt the transmission of that information using transport layer security (TLS) technology and do not store it on our systems.
- It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from our services. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems. When disclosing any personal or protected information, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public and, consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Accordingly, you should consider carefully if you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that your use of the Internet and our sites and services is solely at your risk. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all your personal information, including your protected information.
Steps You Can Take
- Install malware detection programs that regularly scan your system and incoming traffic for malicious code such as computer viruses, worms, Trojan Horses and spyware. Because viruses and malware are continuously created and modified, regular malware protection software typically requires frequent updates.
- Use a firewall to prevent unauthorized access to your device.
- Because malware often targets vulnerabilities in existing operating systems, browsers, plug-ins and other programs, software vendors frequently update their products with security patches to guard against known or commonly exploited vulnerabilities. Vendors often try to alert their users and recommend immediate installation of these security patches.
- Use a strong password using a combination of letters and numbers that are not easily guessed. Do not share your password with others.
- If you use a shared device, always close all active programs and log out before leaving it unattended.
- Avoid using a public wireless network, if possible. If you do use a public network, use the most restrictive wireless network settings on your device.
- If you use file-sharing programs, be sure to restrict all other folders or directories to “no share”.
- Be very cautious with any email requesting you to share personal information. On websites, look for the lock symbol on or near your browser’s address bar which signifies a secure website before supplying personal information.
- When participating in one of our communities, blogs, forums, surveys or other open communication platforms, exercise care in selecting what information you share, particularly personal information.
Linked Websites and Services
- We may also provide social media features on our sites and services that enable you to share personal information with your social network(s) and to interact with our sites and services. Depending on the features, your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of personal information about you. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media site(s) with which you interact.
Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
- Our sites and services are intended for general audiences and are not targeted to children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13 or utilize plug-ins or ad networks that collect personal information through child-directed third party websites or online services. If you are under 13, please do not disclose or provide any information. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 13,we will take steps to promptly delete the information. Should this policy change, we would comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, which requires us to notify and obtain consent from a parent or guardian before wecollect, use and disclose the personal information of children who are under 13 years of age.
- Unless our sites and services contain the “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” supplemental terms, our sites and services do not collect age from users under 18. If you reside in California and are a minor (you are under 18 years of age) and you are using a site or service that collects your age as a registration requirement and you submit content, please follow the instructions on the supplemental terms to request removal of public content. If such supplemental terms are not available, you can request the removal of content or information you have posted by emailing email@example.com with “California Minor Content Removal Request” in the subject line and in the body of your message. Please specify in your request the site(s) or service(s) to which your request relates, including any URLs where the content or information is posted, and the specific content or information you posted for which you are requesting removal. Please note that this removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information posted on our sites and services if the content you posted has been shared or reposted. We are only obligated to remove content that you post, where you posted it. There are certain circumstances in which we do not have to remove your content, including if any other state or federal law requires us to maintain the information, we anonymize the content by removing identifying characteristics, the content was stored, republished or reposted by a third party, you do not follow the instructions in this Section or we paid you or you were otherwise compensated for the content you posted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, our services may allow users above the age of 18 (such as parents and guardians) to submit personal information about others, including minors. Such users assume full responsibility over their submission, use and transmission of such information.
We are headquartered in the United States. Our sites and services are hosted and administrated in the United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States and are intended for users in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to and stored in the United States and will be subject to U.S. law. U.S. privacy and data protection laws may not be equivalent to the laws of your country of residence. By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.
California Privacy Rights
- We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you affirmatively agree to such disclosure, typically by “opting in” to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our sites, for example. If you ask us to share your personal information with a third party for its marketing purposes, we will only share information in connection with that specific promotion since we do not share information with any third party (other than our service providers) on an ongoing basis. To prevent disclosure of your personal information for use in direct marketing by a third party, do not “opt in” to such use when you provide personal information on one of our sites.
- Users residing in certain jurisdictions, like California, have a right to access personal information held by us about them and their right of access can be exercised in accordance with applicable law. California law requires certain businesses to respond to requests from California residents asking about the business’s practices related to disclosing personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Alternately, such businesses may have in place a policy not to disclose personal information of customers to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes if the resident has exercised an option to opt-out of such information-sharing. We have such a policy in place.
- California residents may request further information about our approach to this law by writing to us. When writing to us, you must put the statement “Your California Privacy Rights” in the body or subject line of your request, and include (i) the name of the site about which you are contacting us, (ii) any unique site identifier associated with you (like member number or forum handle), (iii) your name, and (iv) your contact information. Please submit requests using our Privacy Contact form and allow 30 days for a response. We will not accept requests via the telephone, mail, or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Last Updated: February 14, 2021